No measure of time with you will be long enough, but let's start with forever...

Monday, September 7, 2015


So a month and a half after my sweet baby girl passes, I get the news that my most amazing Mom has a polyp inside her uterus..the size of a walnut. The phrase that came to mind...
It wasn't enough that I just lost my little companion, the one who I turn to in all times of need and trouble, but now there are threats to the one person who has always been my hero.

Needless to say that I was pretty mad at God. I know that when we pray, we aren't only talking to God, we are seeking guidance and we need to be in the right place mentally to receive answers. We need to be ready for them and willing to do whatever he gives us. I wasn't in that place so I did, I stopped praying.  
I felt like I needed to rediscover who I was almost..because it was never a question before. Shotzy and I were a package deal. Even my poor husband had to go through the final test of meeting her. 


So I flew down to Vegas for her procedure. It was originally supposed to be in the beginning on October but was then rescheduled due to a different emergency procedure someone else needed. The plan was to go in and remove it instead of just taking a piece of it. That way they wouldn't have to go in multiple times. 

This is what we were expecting to see... But when the doctor finally went in (she put a camera inside that way all of us could see on the monitor together)...
There was no polyp. Ya! How do you lose a walnut size polyp??!?!? The medication that she had been on for the last month was supposed to stop her bleeding and the inside of her uterine wall was supposed to be bare similar to a balloon. But instead there was a ton of tissue. The doctor mentioned that the polyp could just be hiding in all the tissue but the fact that there was that much tissue was a problem and she said that it was a very good chance it was cancer. 
Sure enough, a week later we got the results from the biopsy and her tests came back positive for uterine cancer.