No measure of time with you will be long enough, but let's start with forever...

Friday, July 24, 2015

This post was post-dated to the actual day of occurrence since it was a super hard day...


So Pioneer Day marked the 5th day that she hadn't eaten and the 3rd since she had anything to drink. She had a really hard time walking and poor thing was writhing in pain. After FaceTiming my mom, we made the choice to take her in. My stubborn little girl wasn't going to go without a fight.

Pioneer Day aka July 24th is a holiday only in the state of Utah. It's a holiday to commemorate the entry of Brigham Young and the first of the Mormon pioneers into the Salt Lake Valley back in 1847. Schools and some of the workforce actually close down, and who can forget the parade in celebration and honor??

So we had to call in the Vet and a tech to have her seen. They were truly the sweetest in this delicate situation. They let me hold her as long as I needed to and then when I was ready, she drifted off to sleep.



There are so many amazing loving people that I am fortunate to have. It was so hard to even discuss it with my husband and brother. So I texted those who knew what was going on, and just asked for prayers instead of calls. That was probably to BEST thing that I could've done. I received so much strength in the following weeks which made me more thankful for prayer.

I am especially thankful for my dear sweet loving husband, Kaylee who came to the rescue the next day and made me get out of the house, and my Lizzie and Harlow!

Harlow is my three year old nephew and pretty much the cutest thing ever! Harlow's dad is super allergic to cats, but this little boy still has a love and fascination with them. Before they moved to Texas Harlow was all too excited to meet her!!! About two weeks after she passed, I called Lizzie (probably the first time since she passed) and I talked to Harlow as always and the first thing he asks, "Where is Shotzy?!" It was the sweetest thing. Of course the answer was simple, she was in Heaven.

I have to say, 3 months later and I am still waiting for my suffering to turn into joy. I try to fill my days with work to keep my mind off the loss, but the main problems are at night when my mind can wander. 

But I am thankful for those who I have been able to relate to. When I got her remains back, there was a sweet tear jerking poem that so many know:


"Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together...."