No measure of time with you will be long enough, but let's start with forever...

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Chicken..It's What's for Dinner! and Yummy Dressing

I served my mission in the Mississippi Jackson Mission (whoot whoot!) and I have to say that they have some of the most amazing food I have ever had!! That might've accounted for my ridiculous weight gain, but it was worth it-til I got home haha!
But there was a website that I was introduced to while I was out (thank you Camille) ourbestbites.com!
And that is where this amazing recipe came from!!!

They are by far my husbands FAVORITE DINNER aside from their French Dip Sandwiches!!!
I'm not going to lie, it's time intensive!! If you have kids, maybe do the prep while they are sleeping ;)

And you HAVE to pair it with the Cilantro-Lime Dressing!!! Very similar if not identical to the Cafe Rio super yummy dressing. And oh that's on there too!

Creamy Lime-Cilantro Ranch Dressing
Recipe by Our Best Bites
1 pack (1oz) Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
ignore directions on the packet
1C mayo
1/2 C buttermilk (or milk works, too)
1 lime
2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1/2 C roughly chopped cilantro
1/4 C green salsa*
This is tough folks. Place milk, mayo, and ranch mix in a blender. Juice the lime in there too, you should get about 2T juice. Toss in the garlic, cilantro and green salsa. Blend ‘er up. Sample it and add hot sauce to taste. Make it several hours ahead of time to allow it to thicken.
*A note about green salsa:
There are several brands of green salsa available in most supermarkets and they have various degrees of heat. One of the most commonly seen brands is Herdez. Herdez brand is a lot spicier than any of the others I’ve tried. Even their medium green salsa is way too spicy for my liking. There’s no way I could put the whole 1/4 C in my dressing like the recipe calls for (but then again, I’m a wuss.)  La Victoria (pictured) is completely mild.  I get all of the flavor of the tomatillos but I control the level of heat with the hot sauce. If you’re not used to buying green salsa, make sure to sample it first before you put it in the dressing so you know what you’re getting into!

I think my absolutely favorite part is that you can freeze them! See the taquitos recipe for more information!




UPDATE ON SHOTZY:
She's not doing too well. She relapsed back into her sick state and has yet to eat anything in three days. The vet said that she can last a couple weeks solely on water but not at a great quality obviously. So many prayers are needed to make sure she's in as little pain as possible as we pray for help <3