No measure of time with you will be long enough, but let's start with forever...

Friday, June 10, 2016

Callie Girl

So my husband has been in summer school lately-which is a blessing! And also giving me a taste of what life will be like come Fall semester. He is planning on applying for his Radiation Therapy program this January and needs to get an "A" in Anatomy/Physiology just to be considered. Oh and did I mention that he's enrolled in the hardest Anatomy class in the state?! Yay stressed doesn't even cover it!

I realized how spoiled I have been to have so much time with him previous to this summer semester and feel bad sometimes when I want to spend time with him, but knows he has to study. Especially when I am working from home.

So against our logical thinking, we started looking at cats. It's been about 11 months since my Shotzy girl passed and Taylor thought it was time.

I looked online and contacted a few people with no luck and then remembered that PetSmart has cats to adopt. Now in Utah, they actually recycle the cats in the shelters through different locations so that they can be adopted. Then in addition, they have their own adoption days.

We went to our local store and didn't find one that we had a relationship with. The next day, we went to the location in American Fork. As soon as I saw her, I wanted to play with her! Tay knew then that she was meant for our little family and pushed through all my doubt.

This is Callie (pronounced Cali, but spelled cuter!) She is 8 weeks old, vaccinated, fixed, and adorable!
Now part of adopting her, we learned that they don't know all of her history medically or psychologically. For example, some of her whiskers were cut prior, and she ended up having a respiratory infection just from moving around so much and the stress of it all. Good thing she also comes with a free vet visit!

She is fun and very feisty! As well as very loving when she gets tired.