I have been working at 1800CONTACTS for almost two years. It was a great job with an amazing company, but very hard to move up because there was so much competition. It wasn't uncommon to apply for a job internally 3-4 times before finally getting it.
A few weeks ago, I was looking through my school email when there was one for an available job. My major is Hospitality and I am looking to be a wedding planner. Living in Utah, many think, Oh you won't have to worry about being out of work there! But the truth is, Utah is a very DIY kind of state! So unless you live in Park City or Salt Lake, there aren't very many options to chose from.
So in the midst of doing a bunch of stuff for school, I went out on a limb and prepared to submit my application. I updated everything, planned out my outfit and went to hand in my application. I had a five minute interview with the supervisor and he said that he would get back to me early the following week.
Now usually I am one of those candidates who will follow up and possibly send a handwritten thank you card, but I didn't for some reason. I went in with zero expectations since my previous two experiences with wedding locations hadn't been the best. About a week and a half from turning in my application, I got a call not early in the morning, but too early for me that day. So I declined the call. Btw I never decline calls. Later I listened to it, and found out that I got the job!!
Today was my first day and I can't tell you how much I love it and how long I have been waiting for it! Now I am not actually setting them up physically, but more on the sales side and walking the customer through and helping them put everything together. Even though it's not exactly what I am aiming for by definition, it's still so much fun! Here are some ideas of the things we carry!
Diamondrental.com



