About 10 months into our marriage, he was diagnosed with depression.
My personality type, I really don't like emotions...therefore didn't really understand depression. I actually hadn't experienced it until a companion on my mission. She told me that she had it and that she battled it everyday. I felt so ridiculous, but explained that I don't have any clue about depression. Over the next few months, she helped me understand, that she can't choose to be happy like the majority of us can. She has a chemical imbalance that only medication can help with.
Now my husband acts completely different than she did. Obviously cause they are different people.
But it has caused us to step up the amount of work we put into our relationship everyday.
***
So we did the medicine dance...ya there's no way to describe how hard it is! The slightest dosage difference can make a huge difference.
It was a few months into our dance that a guy at work told me that he suffers with depression, but didn't want to take the medicine for it. He went to 5 different doctors and they all said the same thing-he would have to be medicated. Then he went to a holistic doctor who recommended increased amounts of fish oil. *Now I am not saying to take it instead of medication. I am not saying that it will cure anything!
So we tried it. He would take his medication as well as 3 fish oil capsules to start out. Every week, I added another fish oil capsule. He has settled at 5. We did try 6 but there was no difference for him.
Now y'all know I like essential oils! I am not a nut! Haha! I believe there are some things that medicine is needed for and I am not opposed to that at all! But on the other hand... there are some things that are better for your body.
My husband always thought they were a crock! Total waste of money for some funky smelling liquid stuff. We joke with it, cause if his tummy was hurting bad enough he would ask for the tummy oil (Digestzen.) And I would always reply-oh the one that doesn't work??
I think he reached a point of wanting to be done with the depression and realizing how much I was trying to help him, that he agreed to give them a chance. On a whim, a friend of mine had an emotional blend, InTune, and he jokingly put it behind his ears.
He came home that night and said that he could see a difference with it. The fish oil is very beneficial, but he couldn't see it like I could.
So we got a roller and he uses it everyday! So proud of him! He just told me the other day that 1) He hasn't felt depressed in about a month, and 2) his medication ran out a few weeks ago and hasn't felt a difference! Now we will obviously get more just in case, but I am so excited for the new world view he is experiencing and how he is becoming the person he has always wanted to be and just didn't know how. He is doing more to take care of me and Callie, and able to focus more on his classes-just so pleased that he took that chance.
If you have questions, let me know! I am not a doctor or guru or anything, but I know that we are here to help each other! And it's hard to deal with depression when you don't have it!
Other quick doTERRA loves:
-Lemon and lavender in a roll-on
-Citrus Bliss, also roll-on
-OnGuard at night
-DigestZen as mentioned earlier
-Balance and Elevation are incredible together
-Peppermint
-Lemon and lavender in a roll-on
-Citrus Bliss, also roll-on
-OnGuard at night
-DigestZen as mentioned earlier
-Balance and Elevation are incredible together
-Peppermint

